Monday, July 28, 2008

And I Thought I Was Having a Bad Day

So I was starting my Monday morning a little gruff. I didn't sleep well, and just started working at 5 because I was fed up with tossing and turning. Around 7 I figured it was time to grab a coffee and take the garbage out. (The garbage has been under full attack lately, two bears last week, and a family of coons last night. That's what got me up). I cleaned out the fridge, grabbed the bag and made my way down the stairs. That's when I ran into this little fella.

Seems he found a McFlurry cup in one of my neighbours garbage. Thinking there must be some treasure trove at the bottom, he stuck his head in past the point of no return. Now that's commitment. He wandered around for about two hours, bonking his head on the curb, and on trees. He was spraying the whole time so I wouldn't go near him.

We had called the SPCA, but they said it would be some time before they got here. I got stuck on my conference call, but still would run out to tell various ladies of the neighbourhood that trying to whack it off with a hockey stick was not a good idea.

Finally my neighbour across the street got tired of the commotion. I literally saw him roll the sleeves up on his robe as he stood in his bay window. He came storming downstairs and through the door. He tried to give it a pull to no avail, with exception of a fine spray. Now he was also past the point of no return. He finally gave it a firm pull and it popped of, the skunk now running straight for me as I ran screaming like a school girl back into the house.







1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

Hilarious! Poor li'l guy...