I love how these two do this song. Sissel has an amazing voice, the kind that only an international audience can enjoy. We North Americans tend to be blind to such talent.
I particularly enjoy the fat kid in the blue jacket. You just know that his mom has hidden a candy bar in there somewhere.
I was actually introduced to this concert by Rick Mark. It was on an old beat up VHS tape that his mother used to play every Christmas. He played it for me when I made him Christmas dinner one year. Song can accompany a dinner far better than most fine wines. The most amazing thing about the dinner that year was realizing that a 50 year old man did not know how to operate his own oven, yet this same man is able to criticize anyone's political beliefs as if we aren't intelligent enough to be able to decide for ourselves.
Zing!! Merry Christmas Rick!!
You haven't really done a Christmas if you haven't dressed up, gone out for a nice dinner, and taken in one of these concerts.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Placido and Sissel Do Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My dear old dad would love that you love Placido Domingo! How peculiar a fancy for someone your age. You continue to be a very complex human. Thank God - people can be so very dull in not seeing the beautiful sounds of a Tenor Great.
Fat guy in a little coat...
Post a Comment