And then there's banda music. Even the youngins like it, but it's polka music. Someone will plug in some banda god with 10 names on the juke box and all the Mexicans will start singing with him. I just don't get it.
To put it simply, I guess i'm someone lost in time. My grandmother always used to say "you belong in the 50's, what are you doing here?" I love all the modern convieniences, but I regret all that we've lost. I miss the elegance of Audrey Hepburn, and the style of Dean Martin. I'm terminally single, many have claimed to hold the cure, only to find a puff of smoke left in their arms. I have a beautiful, talented, incredibly intellectual daughter, who I swear is the only person on the planet who truly understands me. I find the simplest pleasures in the simplest things. And haven't been truly happy since I was poor and wanting. It's hard to appreciate something that you can buy on a whim. There is no Sunday roast as good as the one you had to save a month to buy. My worst trait? Sometimes, I really think I can save the world. But don't tell anyone...that's a secret.
1 comment:
And then there's banda music. Even the youngins like it, but it's polka music. Someone will plug in some banda god with 10 names on the juke box and all the Mexicans will start singing with him. I just don't get it.
Post a Comment