Saturday, June 13, 2009

That's the Fact Jack



I was in Cranbrook this week on business. I hadn't been there before and found it to be a gem of a little town. I only wish I had my own car to tie a bow on those mountain roads, but alas no. I was stuck with a rented Pontiac Vibe. Ugh!! Things didn't really go as planned up there, but I'm used to that, and I look forward to future visits.

Miley the beautiful graduated high school yesterday as well, and I couldn't be more proud of her. I haven't heard from her yet, so hopefully the party isn't still going.

I still find myself incredibly short on time. Today especially I find my eyes wondering from my laptop screen to the window beside my desk dreaming about a perfect spot on the beach with a charged ipod.

So today I am going to borrow a page from Mr. Letterman and post some little known facts that you can carry with you and ponder over the weekend.

Without further ado, little known facts:

On two separate occasions , Gandhi broke his fast with tacos.

The 50 stars on the United States flag stand for the 50 ways to leave your lover.

As brilliant as Albert Einstein was, he could never talk Mrs. Einstein into a three-way.

Few ranchers actually use ranch dressing.

The word "apple" comes from the latin word meaning "apple."

Thanks to a sophisticated robot developed by Japanese inventors, it now only takes one to tango.

The film Snakes on a Plane is very loosely based on a novel by Jane Austen.

Other than nuclear weaponry, the only difference between North and South Korea is that South Korea uses the designated hitter.

The Native American who cried in the classic anti-pollution commercial also cried in a commercial for Dentyne.

Major League Baseball contends the only thing keeping Pete Rose out of the Hall of Fame is his soup-bowl haircut.

Tony Bennett also left an umbrella stand in San Francisco.

In February 1981, the Dalai Lama won 14,000 dollars on Card Sharks.

Medical experts say if Elvis hadn't died of heart failure on August 16, 1977, he probably would have died of heart failure on August 17, 1977.

The television show Lassie ran for a 140 years in dog-years.

Apple has spent nearly 200 million dollars trying to develop a wooden iPod for the Amish.

Katherine Hepburn's last words were, "Read me some more of those 'you might be a redneck' jokes."

Socrates was the first person to ask why we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway.

In the days before limousines, people flaunted their wealth by riding very long horses.

In 1979, Pope John Paul II declared the microwave oven a miracle.

Until 1970, the United States Census Bureau kept track of people who looked "shifty."

According to complaints from his wife, elevator pioneer Elisha Otis refused to go down.

Theologians now believe the Last Supper may have been more of a brunch.

People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive is seventh in line to the presidency.

In 1976, the Kentucky Derby was won by a couple of fraternity guys in a horse costume.

Fortune cookies are the world's only clairvoyant snack.

Eva Braun's parents felt she could do much better than Hitler.

Because of an onion allergy, the singer Meat Loaf can't eat meat loaf.

Burt Bacharach ends every concert by flipping over his piano.

Despite the name, most gravy boats are not seaworthy.

Researchers at Sara Lee have spent nearly three billion dollars trying to find a way for people to have their cake and eat it too.

Before a budget cut, the Lincoln Memorial's chair was supposed to come with a matching ottoman.

No comments: