
I keed, I keed. It was a lot of fun. Kinda a ragtag crew. I've been doing these orphan dinner's for about 18 years now, and the dynamic never ceases to amaze me. I always long for that sense of family that I miss 363 days of the year, yet I'm able to artificially create on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I've always found the only downside of the orphan dinner's is that everyone want their dinner just like their momma made. "Can't you put this in the stuffing?? Can't you make the potatoes this was?? Oh, you should cook the turkey like this." My response is normally "Can't you kiss my lily white ass? Homey don't play that." But this year I had the contingent of Irish kids. They had never had Thanksgiving, or even knew what it was. It was like having 8 twenty-somethings over for their first Christmas.
As always, nine hours of preparation disappeared in about 15 minutes. Everyone was stuffed, so much so that Philly's $70's worth of pies went neglected, but he seemed to take comfort in whatever he was drinking out of that pickle jar.
No comments:
Post a Comment