Thursday, December 13, 2007

Stardust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4geEzf-ll1A

Today was my monthly sojourn to Maple Ridge. Always a wasted trip, yet one I must take none the less. Over the last few months I have quickly learned the monotony of the trip and always prepare for the drive. CD's are carefully selected and my singing voice perfected in the morning shower, although i'm sure many a driver sitting beside me at a red light would argue that point.

Today I took a CD I made back in the spring for my trip to Palm Springs. Mostly older songs, reflective songs. Songs that at one point, I thought could change my world. Songs that deserve a crisp white shirt, cuff links, and a freshly pressed sport coat. No tie...EVER!

Now supposedly, if you click on the link at the top, you will get to hear "Stardust", one of my all time favorites. (I know you can post the video directly Steph, beyond my realm right now.) Lyrically, this song has always hit a home run for me. I think we all have that moment where we are at a house party, or out on the town and we hear a song come on that momentarily transports us to another time and place. "The melody, haunts my revelry, and I am once again with you." You can't get much better than that. I associate music to everything, so it happens to me all the time.

I have to run off to the Post Office to spread my Christmas cheer. So I leave you with Stardust....

Touch 'em all Nat!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hon - cuff links without the silk tie in a Windsor knot? Come now, don't be silly. :)

John Hartwick said...

Rat packers don't wear ties. Except for Lawford, and nobody liked him.