Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Greatest Story Never Told

Some interesting takes on the last one. Writing is one of the truer forms of expression. And as Truman Capote once said. "Writing has laws of perspective, of light and shade just as painting does, or music. If you are born knowing them, fine. If not, learn them. Then rearrange the rules to suit yourself." To borrow a term, it wasn't as "tightly wound" as I would have liked it, but it did relieve an enormous amount of pressure. I guess the most important lesson about writing angry is, to edit before you publish. As one person put it, "it's as if you spilled your blood on the page." But just as sure as the sun rose this morning, yesterday is gone.

I'm working on something. Actually, I've been working on it for 39 years. I may have to do it in chapters, but i'm not sure yet. I'm off to Toronto on Tuesday, I never thought I would have to go to Toronto to escape winter in Vancouver. It is currently 26C in Toronto. So anyhow, I don't know when I will start posting it. Stay tuned.

No comments: