Saturday, May 17, 2008

Empire of the Sun

Empire of the Sun was on this afternoon. Easily a top five movie for me. I would say I've seen it around 30 times or so. The song that carries out through the movie could bring tears to my eyes at anytime. It's like that scene in Field of Dreams where Burt Lancaster walks off the field to help the young girl, walking away from a dream he's carried his entire life. There isn't a man out there that could stay dry eyed.

When Jim (a young Christian Bale) finds his parents at the end, you can actually see everything lost in his eyes, innocence, childhood, et al. Amazing scene.

On a separate note, I see that Stephanie is looking for religion. Lucky for her I saw an ad this morning for the "New Talking Jesus Doll". A new drinking friend and redeption all in one convienient box. I know my order is in.

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

Always wanted to watch that moobie... I just never did... this week looks goods...