Then every minute, every hour...every boy would find what I found in your arms.
What a line. The world is not the same without Dean Martin. I meet him once. I was eight years old. I was standing outside the Disneyland Hotel pouting over some discipline my parents had throw at me. He came struting out of the hotel with a small entourage oozing charm like a thin layer of oil on the water. He looked at me and gave me the old "why so glum chum?" I mumbled out "I was bad." He tossled my hair and as he climbed into his limo he said "someone grab that kid a martini."
Doesn't get better than that.
I found something today. Well, it found me. It's been like trying to find your keys for six months. Somewhere deep inside you know where there are, but still, you end up flipping every coach cushion, and opening every drawer to no avail.
This was more than a set of keys though. Hard to explain, but it was more like finding my shadow, or welcoming back my soul. No matter how happy I have been, it has not felt complete. The soul is like the ying to your yang. Souls wouldn't wear suits and ties, they'd wear blue jeans and sit cross-legged on the floor with a glass of wine. They give us balance. And if the soul is missing, hurt, or wandering, it can leave us lost.
Someone once asked Ray Charles what soul was. He said " What is soul? It's like electricity-we don't really know what it is, but it's a force that can light a room."
So I have found some balance, and hopefully, hopefully, it will stay around for a long time. For those of you I took it out on, well, you probably had it coming so we'll just leave it at that.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
If I Had It In My Power, I Would Arrange For Every Girl To Have Your Charm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I could find mine... It may have been crushed out of me for good. It's beginning to look like when certain things happen to you in your life no matter how hard you try or want them to be as they were, they never will be... if that made any sense at all. I keep coming back to what my Dad said, " You spend the second twenty tears of your life trying to get over the first twenty and the third twenty trying to get over the first forty." At least I have my sense of humour, they can't take that from me... there's a song there....
If it makes any difference, you're still the of the most well adjusted people I know. You can't spell life without "If", but sometimes what you were looking for was there the whole time.
Post a Comment