The rains have started, and although it is warm, surely the tide of the season has turned and soon my golden skin will start to pale. The summer has gone by so incredibly fast, like the soft summer breeze it brings, it briefly embraces us before letting go so cruely soon.
There is a lot of change coming this fall, more than the colour of the leaves or the mercury in the thermometer. I have a lot of choices to make, and one of my environments, my "extended" living room is on a death watch. I tend to cocoon over the darker months and prepare to resurface in the spring. There are many good-byes to be made. The spring will be fresh and new as it is always intended to be.
Save for a few autumn drives to see natures rich palate, the road trips are done. I saw a place in a magazine last year that had the most wonderful colors I had ever seen. It's a small town called Silverton, and I fully intend to soak in it's splendors when I make my drive to Banff in October.
Look at me get off the subject. It's my friend Shera's birthday today. The big 25. Shera and I have always had a music connection, be it the sadness of Patsy Cline, or the joy of The Drifters. We've always intended the musical road trip, but the bonds of time and schedules have ensured it to be a non-event. Still I drive on. I have a penchant for dragging out my best of ABBA CD on the fall roadtrips. You just can't help but sing until your lungs hurt as you wind those country roads like a ribbon through dark soft hair. This song has always made me think of Shera, so it's dedicated to you on your 25th birthday.
Have a great day!!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Without a Song or Dance What are We?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love ABBA...
Post a Comment