One of those toss and turn nights. I got up at around five, so for whatever reason I decided to hit the road. I grabbed a java and headed out to Whytecliff. There is a bench out there that has the most beautiful view of the water. It was still dark when I got there, the sky just starting to turn like a bucket of paint thrown on a canvas. It was so quiet, so perfect. Truly one of those moments you wish you could share. When I jumped in the truck to leave this song came on. I hadn't heard it since I set a record plugging a jukebox in some small dark bar in East L.A. about 10 years ago. Seriously, I think I played it around 20 times that day. Oddly enough, as I recall I had about 20 Budweiser's as well. Fortunately, the room was so dark and smoke filled, I couldn't see anyone giving me the crazy eyes, so I just kept plugging the quarters. If there were videos of me doing my little jukebox dance I would have to flee the country. Great Song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
John, I bought this album when it first came out... played it to death... a real talent, good call.
Post a Comment