Monday, October 13, 2008

Rocky Mountain High, West Coast Low

I know, far too long between posts. I was away in Banff for the week, and had to start Thanksgiving preparation right upon my return.

It was beautiful up in Banff. I used to live up there and had long ago forgotten the vistas it has to offer. As I have said before, the Banff Springs is unparalleled when it comes to settings. I went for a walk (smoke) at 5 in the morning. The night had transformed the hotel into a winter wonderland, the large dry flakes draped the area like one of my Grandmothers old lacy throws.

That first picture is actually a shot from my room.

The business side of things went quite well, however, they are very long days, 15 hours minimum. You are ready to come home quicker than you realize.

Ahh, home. I was a little bent about having to return to make dinner right off the bat, but Thanksgiving went well, thankfully the humour was dryer than the turkey. It's always a lot of work, but just like the NY trip, you get the right mix of people, and it's a smash.

Now it's election day in Canada tomorrow. As I slaved away over dinner, I received 5, that's right 5 phone calls from the Conservative party reminding me to go out and vote. How freaking irritating is that? So Andrew Saxton of the Conservatives (insert Soup Nazi voice here) "NO VOTE FOR YOU!!" See, my politics can be quite simple.


And the rain, the rain has returned. But you know I really don't mind. I need a indoor day, and a movie. Reversal of Fortune is about to start. If you have never seen Jeremy Irons play Claus Von Bulow, you are missing one of the classic roles ever played out on screen. I will add a clip after this. (I could say I don't know how to add a clip into a post, but really It's just a vain attempt to boast my post numbers for the month."

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."














Now THAT is a convention center!!










No comments: