
President-elect Obama who until this point had remained essentially silent of the Bin Laden issue put forth a statement yesterday that he plans to capture of kill him in the near future. And as for Mats Sundin, well, we'll just leave that one alone. But my guarantees seem to be getting a good start.
And so 2009 starts. It has a lot to live up to. 2007 and 2008 were banner years for me, and my plans are to continue to ride my wave of momentum and contentment.
There is one thing to get out of the way, but it is early in the year and I would prefer to get rid of it sooner than later. Don't get me wrong, I have a most positive outlook, and all of the rules and learning's I found in the deserts of Southern California almost two years ago still ring true today. They are life rules and they are here to stay. I have even shaken loose of my belief of what I call "Christmas Tree Love." It's funny, but that was always how I've looked at myself. I would come into someones life, and for a period I would be the most important thing in the room. People would get a glow in their face and a smile in their eyes as they gazed upon me. Words didn't have to be spoken, it was just a warmth I supplied. Even people deep in conversation, would pause to gaze at me several times a minute. Then....within a matters of weeks, I would find myself slowly dying by the curb. Forgotten, and while still a memory, just a memory blended with all the trees that came before me. I was good, but I was never enough to keep around. No Christmas tree ever is.
I know now that for the most part I have put myself on the curb. It could be for many reasons. Maybe I didn't like where I was at. Maybe I didn't like how I was perceived. Haha, maybe I didn't like the ornaments they made me wear. Regardless, I ended up on the curb. It was a different time then, my arms are far more open now.
So anyhow, there has been something I have been sweeping under the rug for a long time. It is now so large it could be mistaken for a coffee table. I've tried beating it with a broom a few times, but it just won't go away. It seeks confrontation, it doesn't want to be under there any longer. I used to be wary of facing it, but I'm not anymore. I want it gone. And I know now that I am not alone, and more importantly I don't stand alone. For those three rules I brought out from the desert have made me closer to a lot of people, and those people are my strength.
I have cast the unneeded from my life, in part that is what is under the rug. More importantly, I know now for the most part who cares about me, and who I care about. And we can lean on each other, and take care of one another, and always stand out in the room. That is what good Christmas tree's do.
Sorry for the rant. Back to regular writing on the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment