I've been talking a lot lately about being unforgiven, and paying the dues. All people are different, some people can be cold and hard like a winter storm. No regrets, no second thoughts. Other people will say a hurtful thing but not even finish their sentence because they are so regretful. Some people will cling to things for years, like a blanket out of the dryer, something they just don't want to let go of. Always replaying events in their minds and wondering why they did what they did. In most cases, whatever they did, or whoever they hurt is a long forgotten memory to those it actually affected. We do after all build our own prisons. Nobody on the outside of those walls can understand what goes on inside. A life sentence in solitary.I'm obviously talking about myself, although I have had different thoughts about it in the last year. I have paid my dues, and even though we may walk unforgiven, we must also look what was done to us at the same time. A lot of things that we do to the point of regret are mostly reactionary words or actions to something that another has done to us. The collateral damage of our lives.
Just something I wanted to touch on, don't have much time. I will revisit the subject in the future.
I will leave you with some lyrics of the song I'm listening to.
We're sailing on a strange boat
Heading for a strange shore
We're sailing on a strange boat
Heading for a strange shore
Carrying the strangest cargo
That was ever hauled aboard
We're sailing on a strange sea
Blown by a strange wind
We're sailing on a strange sea
Blown by a strange wind
Carrying the strangest crew
That ever sinned
We're riding in a strange car
We're following a strange star
We're climbing on the strangest ladder
That was ever there to climb
We're living in a strange time
Working for a strange goal
We're living in a strange time
Working for a strange goal
We're turning flesh and body
Into soul
2 comments:
I'm probably a lot like you... I stress and worry about things I've said all the while thinking those people haven't given it a second thought... or have they? My dad always said, "It's not easy being me." What song is that?
PS; Lee Aaron signed your chest... cheeawesome!
I think he may have been paraphrasing Kermit the frog.
Post a Comment